This video is called European weather loach, Misgurnus fossilis, “chewing sand”.
Translated from the Dutch RAVON ichthyologists:
Thursday, July 25, 2013
In the clay area of West-Brabant a sizeable weatherfish population has been discovered. The old creek remnants and many kilometers of ditches prove to be an important habitat for this rare fish. During RAVON research even juvenile weatherfishes were caught in the middle of an intense greenhouse area.
- Dutch zoo helps rare spadefoot toads (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Eighteen new Dutch insect species (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Dutch would-be wolf-killing politician resigns in financial scandal (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Scientists make rare discovery: A scary, shark-like fish with abs (grindtv.com)
- Fish farm expansions threatens rare Port Davey skate dubbed ‘the thylacine of the sea’: scientists (abc.net.au)
- I is for I love this! (randomannacdotes.wordpress.com)
- Good Dutch European bison news (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)