This video is called Great Barrier Reef – Nature’s Miracles.
From Big News Network:
US pilots drop bombs onto Australian tourist spot
Sunday 21st July, 2013
Two US fighter jets have dropped four unarmed bombs on Australia’s top tourist destination, the Great Barrier Reef.
US military officials said the bombs had been let go due to an emergency situation which had befallen both aircraft.
It is believed the pilots of the two AV-8B Harrier jets jettisoned four unarmed bombs as a result of running low on fuel.
They were unable to land with the bomb load onto their aircraft carrier, the USS Bonhomme Richard, from which they had been launched.
The bombs were to have been dropped onto a nearby bombing range as part of a training exercise which was being held in conjunction with the Australian military.
More than 28,000 US and Australian military forces have taken part in a three-week amphibious, airborne and special operations training exercise which is being observed by officials from Australia, the United States, Vietnam, Japan, Indonesia, Canada and the UK.
The Australian government recently welcomed permanent members of the US military forces.
The government announced in June that 1,150 US Marines would be deployed in rotating tours of duty in Australia.
Following its disastrous results in recent foreign wars the US has switched to softer targets, bombing the Great Barrier Reef in what the military claimed on Saturday was a training exercise mishap: here.
Central Australia’s Pine Gap spy base played an important role in the United States’ controversial drone strikes in Afghanistan and Pakistan: here.
Australian spy base “critical” to Obama’s drone assassinations: here.
The Australian newspaper yesterday published a comment by the Australian Strategic Policy Institute’s Sam Bateman and Anthony Bergin, urging the Labor government to rebuild a World War II-era military base on Papua New Guinea’s Manus Island: here.
US Navy to reinforce Marine taskforce in Australia: here.
US military looks to expand use of Australian bases and ports: here.
VIDEO: Coral spawning on Great Barrier Reef: here.
- Bombs dropped on Great Barrier Reef marine park (guardian.co.uk)
- US drops unarmed bombs on Great Barrier Reef (thehimalayantimes.com)
- In Training Snafu, US Jets ‘Bomb’ Great Barrier Reef (newser.com)
- FAIL: US drops bombs on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef marine park (rt.com)
- U.S. fighter jets accidentally bomb Great Barrier Reef during training exercise (rawstory.com)
- Outrage over US bomb drop on Barrier Reef (aljazeera.com)
- US drops bombs on Great Barrier Reef Marine Park (thehindu.com)
- Great Barrier Reef Coral ‘In Greatest Sex Show’ (news.sky.com)
- Coral spawning on Great Barrier Reef (arunbabyveranakunnel.wordpress.com)
- Australia Authorizing Destruction of Great Barrier Reef (newswatch.nationalgeographic.com)