In Greece, the Golden Dawn nazi fuehrer called a basketball player of African ancestry a ‘chimpanzee’.
Now, in Italy, Roberto Calderoli has called a black woman an ‘orangutan’.
Now, he has insulted Ms Cécile Kyenge, born in Congo, a Democratic Party minister in the present government.
See also here.
A fellow Lega Nord politician of Calderoli’s has called for raping Ms Kyenge.
Yet another Lega Nord politician, Mario Borghezio, ally of Dutch xenophobic politician Geert Wilders and admirer of Norwegian mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik, has joined in the racist abuse frenzy.
Italian senate vice-president Roberto Calderoli was forced to apologise on Sunday after likening Italy’s first black minister Cecile Kyenge to an orangutan: here.
- Why ignorant racists still flourish in multicultural Italy | John Foot (guardian.co.uk)
- Italian Politician Roberto Calderoli Under Fire For Racist Slur (djsdoingwork.com)
- Italian politician Roberto Calderoli in race row after liking black minister Cecile Kyenge to an orangutan (dailymail.co.uk)
- Italy’s first black minister compared to orang-utan by Northern League senator (telegraph.co.uk)
- Italy politician under fire for racist slur (sacbee.com)
- Italian MP Roberto Calderoli compares black minister Cecile Kyenge to orangutan (abc.net.au)
- Cécile Kyenge: Italy’s First Black Minister Compared to an Orangutan (atlantablackstar.com)