This video is about Greek basketball player Giannis Adetokunbo.
Basketball federation condemns Golden Dawn slur
Posted on 07/07/2013 by icantrelaxingreece
Michaloliakos’ comments about Antetokounmpo ‘unacceptable and racist’
The EOK on Thursday described the remarks as “unacceptable and racist”.
Giannis Antetokounmpo, an 18-year-old Greek shooting guard and the Athens-born son of Nigerian immigrants, was selected by the Milwaukee Bucks.
He was received on Wednesday by Prime Minister Antonis Samaras at his office.
Nikos Michaloliakos, the leader of Golden Dawn, likened the 2.06m player to a “chimpanzee” in a television interview on Tuesday.
On the show, Michaloliakos, referring to Antetokounmpo, asked whether “if you give a chimpanzee in the zoo a banana and a flag, is he Greek”…
(Read the full report on Eleftherotypia’s English website: http://www.enetenglish.gr/?i=news.en.sport&id=1249)
Greece’s ruthless creditors said today that they would hand over more bailout cash if the government sacks thousands more public-sector workers: here.
- Michaloliakos Slurs Adetokunbo (greece.greekreporter.com)
- Greek American group condemns racial slur directed at Bucks player (jsonline.com)
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Meets with PM Samaras (greece.greekreporter.com)
- Greek federation blasts slur vs. Bucks pick (espn.go.com)
- Greek politician aims slur at Bucks pick (jsonline.com)
- Greek nazis threaten ‘slaughter’ of Muslims (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Greek nazis praise military dictatorship (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Giannis Adetokunbo selected No. 15 by Milwaukee Bucks in NBA draft (nba.si.com)