From the World Socialist Web Site:
Libyan oil workers strike
Oil workers at the Zueitina Oil Company went on strike Monday. The strike began at the 103 D Field, spreading to 103 A and the Zala oilfields and then the port. They are demanding management personnel changes.
Last week, in a separate dispute, production workers at Mellitah Oil’s Elephant (El-Fil) field came out on strike. There has been a series of disputes at oil fields and terminal facilities over various issues over recent months.
See also here.
French honorary consul in Benghazi survives gun attack: here.
Libyan protesters call for armed militias to be disbanded: here.
Over the weekend, all hell broke loose in Libya, in worrying ways that suggest that the government is entering new depths of paralysis and incompetence, and the terrorist cells based in Benghazi are making a play for genuine power: here.
- Oil workers strike in dictatorial Oman (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Massacre in NATO’s ‘new’ Libya (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Libya news items – business , political and cultural items of note – July 3 , 2013….. (fredw-catharsisours.blogspot.com)
- Guards at Libyan Oil Field Protest, Force Shutdown – ABC News (abcnews.go.com)
- Protesters close Libyan oil terminal, halt exports (thestate.com)
- Armed group shuts down second Libyan oil port in days (dailystar.com.lb)
- Greek Municipal Workers on Strike (greece.greekreporter.com)
- Libyan protesters call for disbanding of militias (worldbulletin.net)
- Libya’s Sharara oilfield to resume operations: source (dailystar.com.lb)
- Libya Oil Output Slumps as Power Cuts Mix With Protests (bloomberg.com)