This video says about itself:
People & Power: Vatican Inc.
Mar 7, 2013
People & Power examines the secretive world of the Vatican’s bank.
From Associated Press today:
By Nicole Winfield
The Vatican said Monday that Paolo Cipriani and his deputy, Massimo Tulli, offered to step down “in the best interest of the institute and the Holy See.”
Cipriani, along with the bank’s then-president, was placed under investigation by Rome prosecutors in 2010 for alleged violations of Italy’s anti-money-laundering norms after financial police seized 23 million euro ($30 million) from a Vatican account at a Rome bank. Neither has been charged and the money was eventually ordered released.
But the bank, known as the Institute for Religious Works, has remained under the glare of prosecutors and now Pope Francis amid fresh concerns it has been used as an offshore tax haven.
How the Vatican built a secret property empire using Mussolini’s millions: here.
Pope Francis sacked the five-man board of the Vatican’s financial watchdog on Thursday – all Italians – in the latest move to break with an old guard associated with a murky past under his predecessor: here.
- Vatican Bank Director, Deputy Resign Amid Scandal (business.time.com)
- Vatican bank chief and deputy resign (bbc.co.uk)
- Top Vatican bank managers resign after monsignor’s arrest (uk.reuters.com)
- Fraud At Vatican Bank Results In Arrest Of Priest , Others (youviewed.com)
- Bishop arrested in Vatican bank scandal (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Secretive Vatican bank takes step to transparency (miamiherald.com)
- Like an Offshore Paradise: Vatican Moves to Close Dirty Accounts (spiegel.de)
- Vatican’s bank scandal-prone (normantranscript.com)
- Vatican Bank To Shut All Embassy Accounts To Halt Money Laundering (zerohedge.com)
- Vatican Bank Tables First-Ever Annual Report (tabamantia.wordpress.com)