This video says about itself:
June 26, 2012
Translated from ANP news agency in the Netherlands:
Samskip is the only known shipowner shipping whale meat via Rotterdam. Meanwhile, that company has indicated that it will stop the transport via Rotterdam soon. But the Port Authority is concerned that other owners will take over these activities.
So far, about 50 containers are transported from Rotterdam annually. Legally, there are no possibilities to prohibit this transit of whale meat. The containers with the frozen meat are for a short while at a terminal. They are there in a customs-free zone and are not formally entering the Netherlands, according to the Port Authority.
June 2013 whaling in Iceland: here.
- Greeting Whales, Not Eating Them (ipsnews.net)
- Whale meat menus being promoted in Japan (radionz.co.nz)
- First Right whale in 60 years spotted off the coast of Canada (treehugger.com)
- Whale meat advertised as source of strength amid flagging sales in Japan (abc.net.au)
- Endangered whale meat imported from Iceland used for Japan dog treats (theguardian.com)