This video is called Science Museum, in London.
By Robert Stevens in Britain:
At least one major UK museum faces closure
15 June 2013
Massive spending cuts by the Conservative/Liberal government are set to be announced in this month’s Comprehensive Spending Review. They are expected to further devastate many cultural institutions, and result in the closure of one of the museums of the flagship Science Museum Group (SMG).
This month SMG director Ian Blatchford announced that a further 10 percent cut in its budget would likely lead to the closure of the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester (MOSI), the National Railway Museum in York or the National Media Museum in Bradford. Blanchford also stressed that “big cuts” may also be required at SMG’s London base, the Science Museum founded in 1857.
- Save Bradford’s Media Museum (n1ck1ee.wordpress.com)
- Science Museum’s northern outposts under threat of closure (guardian.co.uk)
- Cuts ‘will cause museum closure’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Science museum closure ‘unthinkable’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Science Museum Group boss confirms MOSI could be closed if its budget is cut (manchestereveningnews.co.uk)
- John Hurt and Mark Kermode backing battle to save museum (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- Axe threat hangs over Bradford media museum (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- Threat to Wakefield mining museum emerges (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- Museums closure threat: Celebrities, academics and politicians outraged at axe warning (mirror.co.uk)
- Cuts at the Science Museum Group: what should be done? (guardian.co.uk)