Our plane flew along the south-west coast of Spitsbergen, the biggest island of the Svalbard archipelago.
It being Arctic summer, there was midnight sun.
Almost immediately, we heard a snow bunting sing.
Three pink-footed geese.
Two eider ducks.
- To Longyearbyen, Svalbard, Arctic (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Rare birds in Arctic Svalbard (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Land of the Midnight Sun (sailingpups.wordpress.com)
- Tell me all about Svalbard, please! (ask.metafilter.com)
- Svalbard Global Seed Vault: A Doomsday Safeguard (teenageconservationist.wordpress.com)