- Asia Curbs US imports of wheat after genetically modified sample found (noahsprojectblog.wordpress.com)
- Monsanto Set to Halt GM Push in Europe (goldenageofgaia.com)
- DW – Monsanto Gives Up Fight For GM Plants In Europe – 1 June 2013 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)
- Monsanto set to halt GM push in Europe (rt.com)
- Genetically modified wheat: Discovery in Oregon field re-ignites a scientific dispute (oregonlive.com)
- Asia curbs US imports of wheat after genetically modified sample found (guardian.co.uk)
Monsanto gives up on Europe? Would be great – but rejoicing is premature: here.
Monsanto‘s spokeswoman in Germany, Ursula Lüttmer-Ouazane, says that her company won’t keep trying to get licences for GM crops in Europe. Why? Because people don’t want GM (genetically modified, also called genetically engineered, GE) crops here. Ms Lüttmer-Ouazane says that ‘it’s counter-productive to tilt against windmills’.
In case you don’t know, ’tilting against windmills’ means wasting effort on fights you’ll never win. I feel a surge of nationalist pride! We are that windmill.
It’s a long time since we in Britain stopped fighting our German neighbours. We get on just fine now. So today, I invite my fellow Europeans to join me singing to the tune of the Dad’s Army theme ‘Who do you think you are kidding, Big Monsanto?’
I’m grateful to the not-for-profit campaign against GM crops, GM Watch, for drawing attention to this story. You can read more by my fellow blogger Janina…
View original post 15 more words