This is a video of a beaver at a bank in the Biesbosch nature reserve in the Netherlands.
The video is by Klucas.
This video is about the birth of a young beaver in the Biesbosch.
June 2013. Since 2005 the Welsh Beaver Project, which is led by the six Wildlife Trusts in Wales, has been investigating the feasibility of undertaking a managed reintroduction of beavers to Wales for the many benefits their presence can bring to wildlife, the environment and the economy. After much investigation and consideration, the River Rheidol (which enters Cardigan Bay through Aberystwyth) is looking like the most promising site for an initial pilot reintroduction and local consultation is underway: here.
August 2013. The UK’s only licensed re-introduction of Eurasian beavers at Knapdale in Argyll, the Scottish Beaver Trial, has announced five newly born beavers – known as kits – have been spotted: here.
- Beavers help kingfishers (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Dutch grass snake expansion (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Spoonbills, other birds of Dutch desert island (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Two sea eaglets born in the Netherlands (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Baby Beaver Shows Its Face (tinierthings.wordpress.com)
- Dutch ring-necked parakeets (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bats in Dutch offshore wind farms (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- More boat trips, and an encounter with a beaver enclosure (thebiesboschtraveller.wordpress.com)
- Dutch she-wolf was from eastern Europe (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Wild beaver spotted in England for first time in 800 years (independent.co.uk)
Did you see my post “When in Drought Find a Beaver” ?
I had not seen it, but now I have 🙂 Thanks!
Pingback: European birds comeback | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Beavers rebuilding their lodge, video | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Beavers’ first lodge on Tiengemeten island | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Good European wildlife news | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Will young sea eagle survive? | Dear Kitty. Some blog