Translated from daily De Volkskrant in the Netherlands:
How huge unemployment in Spain is becomes evident from the figures which the famous Prado Museum in Madrid has announced this week about the number of applications for eleven attendant jobs. In total no less than 19,000 people responded. …
The salary of a [Prado] attendant is about 13,000 euro per year.
The crisis causes more than half the people under 25 in Spain to be unemployed. Youth unemployment is thus – together with Greece – the highest of the entire eurozone.
See also here.
Hundreds of desperate job seekers queued on the street in New York City for up to six days for the chance to file applications for elevator service and repair apprenticeships: here.
Sotheby’s sells stolen work of art: here.
- New York Times: “Museums Mull Public Use of Online Art Images” (infodocket.com)
- Museo del Prado’s digital world (ecultvalue.wordpress.com)
- Museo del Prado y Palacio Real (misaventurasenespana2013.wordpress.com)
- FREE ADMISSION!!! COME VISIT TODAY: NATIONAL MUSEUM OF PRADO (MADRID). 3rd. delivery and last. (artespiritus.wordpress.com)
- Sotheby’s to auction receipt for Francisco Goya’s “Flight of Witches” (panarmenian.net)
- FREE ADMISSION!!! COME VISIT TODAY: NATIONAL MUSEUM OF PRADO (MADRID). 2nd delivery. (artespiritus.wordpress.com)
- Prado leak damages Brueghel (elpais.com)
- E-museums: Museum Cool in Spain at the Prado / E-museos: Museo En España En El Prado (whitherthebook.wordpress.com)
- Spain’s Prado Museum’s Delightful Paintings-and-Music Iniciative (alegriaonline.net)
- Madrid, Spain: Introduction to the Prado Museum (alegriaonline.net)