This video says about itself:
Wildlife Reserve SM Lamandau, Central Kalimantan, Indonesia.
Click CC (bottom right of screen) to activate English subtitles, activate 720 for HD quality
A Film about the Lamandau Wildlife reserve in Central Kalimantan, Indonesia.
Music: From Magnatune (in order of appearance)
Motherland – Suzanne Teng
Dark Moon – Suzanne Teng
Suling – Suzanne Teng
The Crocodile Hunter – Alex Khaskin
From the Huffington Post in the USA:
International Day For Biological Diversity Highlighted By Greenpeace (PHOTOS)
Posted: 05/25/2013 11:17 am EDT
Photographer Paul Hilton spent time aboard the environmental advocacy organization’s ship, Rainbow Warrior, to document the country’s incredible ecosystem, including some breathtaking underwater shots of whale sharks and a coral reef.
The IDB was established by the United Nations in 1993 to raise awareness about biodiversity and conservation efforts. Each year has been themed, including this year’s “Water & Biodiversity,” meant to highlight the decreasing availability of freshwater around the world, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon wrote in a statement.
Take a look at some of the incredible shots Hilton took.
- International Day for Biological Diversity – Greenpeace Statement (dominicantoday.com)
- ‘The Sumatran rainforest will mostly disappear within 20 years’ (guardian.co.uk)
- ‘Corporate Colonialism’ Runs Wild as ‘Growth’ Bulldozes Forests (rinf.com)
- Greenpeace scores a Victory for Indonesian Rainforest (planet.infowars.com)
- Industry, fires and poachers shrink Sumatran tigers’ last stronghold (guardian.co.uk)
- Indonesia Water Policies ‘Among World’s Worst’: Scientist (thejakartaglobe.com)