Ecomare museum on Texel reports that barn owls had stopped nesting on Texel after 1963.
In 2006, greater white-toothed shrews, favourite barn owl food, were seen for the first time on Texel. The barn owls then returned. There are ten nests now on the island.
- Owls back – with a little help from their friends (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- Wildlife artists celebrates return of barn owl to The Wolds (yorkpress.co.uk)
- Slow Motion Barn Owl Attack (milkandcookies.com)
- Scoter ducks still near Texel, cold spring (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Primary 3 Have a Hoot of a Time (chirnsideps.wordpress.com)
- Welsh History Month: Laugharne Castle’s barn owls (walesonline.co.uk)
- Barn owl? or Sex and death? (narrative110y2013.wordpress.com)
- ‘Barn Owl’ (amandajtoner.wordpress.com)
- Delights of Walsingham Three (supertradmum-etheldredasplace.blogspot.com)