This video says about itself:
20 May 2013
50 years ago, James Whittaker, accompanied by Sherpa Nawang Gombu, became the first American to reach the summit of Everest by climbing the Southeast Ridge, the same route pioneered in 1953 by Sir Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay. Today, hundreds of climbers each season brave crevasses, crowds, and corpses to make it to the top of Everest.
Everest: A timeline: here.
- 80-year-old becomes oldest man to climb Mount Everest (cnn.com)
- Dispatch From Everest (raxacollective.wordpress.com)
- National › Miura becomes oldest person to reach Everest summit (japantoday.com)
- Mount Everest’s glaciers shrinking at increasing rate, say researchers (guardian.co.uk)
- 80-year-old Japanese is oldest person to scale Mount Everest – New York Daily News (nydailynews.com)
- Sixty fascinating Everest facts (telegraph.co.uk)