This video from the Netherlands is about a group of common scoters, diving together for food.
The Waddenvereniging in the Netherlands reports that recently, about 50,000 scoter ducks were counted in the North Sea, west of the Hoornderslag on Texel island. Two weeks before, there had been only 12,000 ducks.
It is very unusual that these ducks have not migrated yet to their nesting sites in northern Europe and Siberia. This is because of the cold spring.
- Purple sandpipers, red knot, eider duck (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- What a beached whale ate, new research (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Freezing bat flying freely again (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Sea ducks (animalz1.wordpress.com)
- Terning the corner (skootysue.wordpress.com)
- Climate shifts birds’ winter homes (bbc.co.uk)
- Maplewood & Kloochman (birdshereandthere.wordpress.com)