This video is called US soldier kills Afghan civilians in shooting rampage.
Locals rally for asylum-seeker
Monday 20 May 2013
An orphan, Mr Rajabali fled to Britain in 2006 aged 16 to avoid being forced to fight for Taliban insurgents and to seek treatment for a medical condition.
But officials have withdrawn permission for him to stay while his case is reviewed and he was detained on May 10.
Mr Rajabali fears he will be killed if he is deported, having converted to Christianity.
Lawyers are working to secure an 11th-hour reprieve.
Supporter Colleen Molloy told the Leicester Mercury: “Abdul’s only ambition is to be at peace.
“He arrived here alone and terrified and he is the sweetest, kindest, gentlest person you could know.”
UK: Indian trans asylum seeker fears deportation could lead to ‘torture’: here.
Refugee charity urges government to end imprisonment of young asylum-seekers whose age is disputed: here.
- Abdul Ghafar Rajabali (ateenview.wordpress.com)
- You: 58 Afghan refugees missing after boat sinks off Indonesia (nation.com.pk)
- On-going hunger strike in The Hague to support imprisoned asylum seekers in The Netherlands (theglobaloyster.wordpress.com)
- Asylum seekers’ hunger strike growing in Sweden (thelocal.se)
- Boat people genuine refugees (theage.com.au)
- Pressed by human rights activists, Greece pledges to stop deportations of Syrian refugees (ekathimerini.com)
- Asylum seekers denied legal rights: advocates (theage.com.au)