Near the entrance, a bluethroat singing on a reed stem.
Then, it flew away.
Then, a rare bird: a black-winged stilt.
White dead-nettles flowering.
House martins. Barn swallows. Swifts.
A spoonbill flying.
Greenshanks looking for food in the shallow water.
On the far side of the reserve, a dike and a fence.
A brimstone butterfly.
Then, a hobby, trying to catch insects in the air.
A black-winged stilt sits down on a sandbank. Probably, its nest.
A buzzard in a tree.
- Amorous avocets and parasitic fungi (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Black-necked Stilts at Frank Lake (christophermartinphotography.com)
- Wildlife: Birds of a Feather Flock Together! (davidmixner.com)
- American Avocets on Frank Lake (christophermartinphotography.com)
- Socotra’s Amazing Birds (hadhramouts.blogspot.com)
- March 9-12 ~~ Keoladeo Ghana National Park~~ (ifonlypolyglotwasajob.wordpress.com)