On 19 May 2013, again to the Nieuwkoopse Plassen nature reserve.
Early in the morning, we arrive in Noorden village, where our boat trip will start.
Starlings. A cuckoo calls.
Collared doves. Greenfinch.
A great crested grebe swimming. Egyptian geese on the bank.
A curlew near a boat landing.
Sedge warblers. Chiffchaffs.
A common tern.
Tufted ducks swimming.
Great cormorants flying.
Black-headed gulls fly to their nesting colony, close to here.
A reed bunting.
Another curlew on the bank.
A marsh warbler singing.
A Savi’s warbler singing.
A blackcap singing.
A song thrush.
A gadwall male swimming.
A black-headed gull on a pole points out which way the boat should go.
A barn swallow.
An Egyptian goose with a gosling.
Another gadwall duck male.
Water lilies just emerging from their underwater wintering. Most leaves still red; no flowers yet.
A curlew on an earth hillock.
First, sedge warblers on reed stems.
Then, a sedge warbler on a stump.
A black tern flying.
Two Canada geese swimming.
Stay tuned, as there will be more on this.
- Savi’s warbler, willow warbler, wren and curlews (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Cuckoo, linnet, and purple heron (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- A morning on Exminster Marsh (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Grasshopper warbler and black-necked grebes again (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Kestrel, willow warbler and eared grebes (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- A Couple of Prominent Visitors (blashfordlakes.wordpress.com)
- Turtle dove,cuckoo and sedge warbler. (radnorshirebirds.wordpress.com)
- Newts and Warblers (blashfordlakes.wordpress.com)
- 25 April 2013 (cotswoldwaterpark.wordpress.com)