Monday 20 May 2013
Dutch actress Carice van Houten is to co-produce and star in a new biographical film about the legendary Swedish filmstar Greta Garbo, Screen International reports.
The film will tell the story of the shop assistant who rose to become a major Hollywood star and retired in her prime. The film promises to be ‘respectful but will offer a radically different perspective on Garbo’, Screen International said.
“I was raised with silent films. I have always maintained an endless fascination for that era,’ Van Houten told the magazine. ‘I am strongly drawn to her story, her art, her loneliness and her beautiful complex structure.’
Van Houten is best known abroad for her roles in Valkyrie, Repo Men and Black Book and can currently be seen as Melisandre in HBO television series Game of Thrones. She has won five Dutch Goldenn Calf awards.
- Screen Legend, Greta Garbo to be Portrayed By Carice van Houten! (crimefilenews.com)
- Railway To Death Row, a Film about How a Bad Cop Framed Debra Milke (crimefilenews.com)
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Recap: Tyrion’s Wedding Ends In Death Threats (hollywoodlife.com)
- End of Silent Era: Keaton and Garbo (19twentynine.wordpress.com)
- G.Garbo, Music for the Divine (thegreyparade.wordpress.com)
- Black Death (simontrail.wordpress.com)
- Garbo Rocks – A Great Blog! (paradiseleased.wordpress.com)