This video is the film Wan Pipel.
From Prensa Latina news agency:
Tribute to Surinamese Filmmaker in Cuba
Paramaribo, May 14 – Surinamese filmmaker Pim de la Parra will be honored during the 4th annual Dutch Film Week, scheduled from May 17 to 25 in Havana, where he will travel on Thursday, according to reports in this capital.
On this occasion, the Cuban audience will appreciate the film Wan Pipel (One People, 1976), the first film shot in Suriname after its independence, restored and digitized in 2010.
The film, considered an absolute classic film of that Caribbean nation, will be shown by its director Pim de la Parra in what will be its Cuban premiere.
De la Parra told the local newspaper Ware Tijd that he is excited about screening Wan Pipel in the Spanish speaking region, 37 years after it was made.
- Murdered Surinamese workers remembered musically (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Ernest Hemingway in Cuba and the USA (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Cuba Hosts CELAC Coordination Meeting (youthandeldersja.wordpress.com)
- Surinamese hummingbirds in Dutch zoo (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Cuban painter Adigio Benitez dies (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Surinamese Food (adventurousglasses.wordpress.com)
- Uncle Ho’s prison diary introduced in Cuba (vietnamnews.vn)