This video from Britain says about itself:
An interview with Stephen Lawrence’s mother Doreen Lawrence
Dec 19, 2012
Doreen Lawrence has had a memorable year. Her 2012 began with the conviction of two of her son’s killers in January. In the summer she led out the Olympic flag and the year ends with her making plans to mark the 20th anniversary of her son’s death. She talks to Hugh Muir about her efforts to keep the Stephen Lawrence trust going and to maintain pressure to convict the other men involved in his murder.
From daily The Morning Star in Britain:
NUS leaders condemned for blocking anti-racism motion
Friday 10 May 2013
by Our News Desk
Anti-racists slammed National Union of Students leaders today for rejecting proposals to fight discrimination and fascism.
Opponents cited the involvement of the Socialist Workers Party, which is currently embroiled in a rape scandal.
But black students officer Aaron Kiely labelled the decision “absurd” in the week that “Ukip make a breakthrough in the local elections and the government announces a new immigration Bill aimed at ramping up racist scapegoating.”
Mr Kiely, who proposed the motion, said the fact that Doreen Lawrence, mother of racist-murder victim Stephen, is honorary president of UAF should have given NUS members confidence to work with the organisation.
Labour MP Diane Abbott said: “I completely condemn the rape scandal that has tainted the SWP leadership.
“But I am still in general support of the good anti-racist work of the UAF.”
And UAF national secretary Sabby Dhalu told the Morning Star she was “deeply concerned” about the vote when “students and young people face some of the most violent manifestations of racism.
“With the far-right increasingly targeting campuses, and with this being the 20th anniversary of the racist murder of Stephen Lawrence, this vote sends the wrong signal.”
Britain’s Queen’s speech: Anti-immigrant rhetoric in support of austerity: here.
- David Norris loses appeal bid against his conviction for the racist murder of Stephen Lawrence (dailymail.co.uk)
- Why practice Anti Racism (neymap5.wordpress.com)
- Doreen Lawrence: ‘I could have shut myself away, but that is not me’ (guardian.co.uk)
- Stephen Lawrence’s brother and sister are still affected by his racist murder, reveals his mother Doreen (dailymail.co.uk)
- Stephen’s death still hurts us 20 years on, says Doreen Lawrence as PM attends memorial service (standard.co.uk)
- Undercover cops spied on Lawrence family and campaignh looking for ‘dirt’: http://t.co/zRNYy9zy8X (guardian.co.uk)
- ‘Nothing tops this’: Stephen Lawrence’s family spied on by Metropolitan police (realnewsnow.com)
- David Norris loses appeal bid against his conviction for the racist murder of Stephen Lawrence (thisismoney.co.uk)
- Ed Sheeran, Jessie J and more to preform in 02 for Stephen Lawerence Trust (edsheerannews.wordpress.com)
- Doreen Lawrence angry at police smear claims (arunbabyveranakunnel.wordpress.com)