This video is called NEW YORK AQUARIUM 5 5 2009.
From the Wildlife Conservation Society in the USA:
WCS’s New York Aquarium Set To Reopen after Sandy
April 6, 2013
The Wildlife Conservation Society will partially reopen the New York Aquarium on Saturday, May 25.
This partial reopening will come about 7 months after Hurricane Sandy devastated the 14-acre aquarium campus, severely damaging its buildings, exhibits, and the facility’s aquatic life support systems.
The partial reopening will include: Glover’s Reef (featuring the sea life found in Glover’s Reef, Belize); Exhibits in Conservation Hall (Coral Triangle of Fiji, Great Lakes of East Africa, and the Flooded Forests of the Amazon); Outdoor spaces of Sea Cliffs (walrus, sea lions, harbor seals, sea otters and penguins); and a fully re-modeled Aquatheater with a new sea lion demonstration.
“We are ready to welcome New York families and tourists back into the WCS New York Aquarium,” said Cristián Samper, WCS President and CEO. “We have worked nonstop to ensure that the marine life in the aquarium was safe and secure. We want to share this progress with New Yorkers and be a part of the Coney Island comeback following Hurricane Sandy. The aquarium is an important economic engine for the community, providing jobs and sparking commerce. We have been encouraged by the outreach from the city and across the country urging us to reopen.”
Watch a news clip about the aquarium’s comeback from ABC here.
Read more about the partial reopening in our press release.
- After Months of Quiet, New York Aquarium Set to Make a Splash (wnyc.org)
- New York Aquarium to Open for First Time after Hurricane Sandy (natureworldnews.com)
- Sandy-Damaged New York Aquarium To Partially Reopen In May (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- New York Aquarium to reopen May 25, 7 months after Sandy (pix11.com)
- New York Aquarium On Coney Island Set To Reopen May 25 (latinospost.com)
- Sandy-Damaged NY Aquarium to Partially Reopen (livescience.com)
- NYC aquarium rebounds, rebuilds after Sandy (wtvm.com)