From daily The Morning Star in Britain:
Horse meat fraud man fined £42,000
Jan Fasen was convicted in 2012 for buying horse meat from Brazil and Mexico and claiming it was beef slaughtered according to Muslim dietary law.
He had been handed nine months in prison, reduced on appeal to a six-month suspended sentence and €50,000 (£42,000) fine.
- Dutch horse meat scandal update (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Yummmmmmy….Horse meat….Welp…Its Derby Week…Perfect week to announce that Horsemeat is Found in Meatballs, Lasagna, More (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- Horse Meat Found in 5% of Beef in Europe (newser.com)
- Drug found in Polish horse meat (independent.ie)
- Dutch man who sold horse meat labeled as Halal beef given €50,000 fine (theglobeandmail.com)
- Greeks second to French in inadvertently consuming horse meat, report shows (ekathimerini.com)
- Italy, France find more horse meat in beef (worldbulletin.net)