This 2011 video is about the Drents-Friese Wold national park in ther Netherlands.
1 May 2013.
After yesterday, still in the Drents-Friese Wold.
In the garden, a male blackcap.
First to the Doldersumse veld.
On the edge of heathland and forest, a male linnet.
A bit further, a mistle thrush, high up a tree.
On the Wapserveld, a brimstone butterfly.
Young edible frogs, just over a centimeter in size.
A speckled wood butterfly.
Here, in 1943, local anti-nazis built a secret hiding place in a sandy hill. Here, people persecuted by the nazi occupiers, and British and US American pilots whose planes had been downed, hid.
In November 1944, the German SS and Wehrmacht discovered the hiding place. They arrested eleven people and sent them to concentration camps. Like with Anne Frank‘s family, only one person of those eleven prisoners survived those camps.
In front of the Onderduikershol, fresh flowers put there by schoolchildren.
Near a lake at Oude Willem, a white stork.
Tufted ducks and mallards swimming.
- But Which One? (ja2da.com)
- Ring Ouzel – Bystock, Woodbury Common (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Slow Spring – at last it is dry enough to plough, but still too cold to plant (notopaulum.wordpress.com)
- Tree pipit, Montagu’s harrier, skylark (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Country diary: Catton, Northumberland: On the track to the moors (guardian.co.uk)
- The flocks: 6-10 (jensfarmlife.wordpress.com)
- Cuckoo, linnet, and purple heron (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- BBS survey: Lower Crosscynon, near Llanbister (radnorshirebirds.wordpress.com)
- Song Thrush – Turdus philomelos (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)