Also, a male stonechat.
A small common lizard runs toward a hole in the ground.
Back in the garden. A male blackcap sings.
A female “orangecap” blackcap is present as well.
A paper about the phylogeny of the Oenanthe lugens complex is published in the latest issue (December 2003) of Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution journal by Schweizer & Shirihai. In this study the authors recommended splitting of the Mourning Wheatear complex into three different species, but stopped short of recognizing the North African taxon halophila as a distinct species, i.e. the Maghreb Wheatear Oenanthe halophila: here.
Wheatears in the Netherlands: here.
- Kestrel, willow warbler and eared grebes (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Saudi Arabia birdwatching (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Rhogo Wheatears. (radnorshirebirds.wordpress.com)
- Stonechat, skylark and meadow pipit (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Closer to the Wheatears (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Blackcap, robin, tree pipit, pondskaters (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Northern Wheatear Oenanthe oenanthe (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Purple sandpipers, red knot, eider duck (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- 10 Ways To Use Dandelion Greens – Kitchn Recipe Roundup (thekitchn.com)