From The Huffington Post United Kingdom:
Anna-Marie Crampton, Ukip Candidate, In Storm Over ‘Anti-Semitic Comments’ Posted Online
By Tom Moseley Posted: 25/04/2013 13:20 BST | Updated: 25/04/2013 14:14 BST
A Facebook profile in the name of Anna-Marie Crampton, who is standing for the Eurosceptic party in the local elections in East Sussex next week, posted that the Second World War had been “engineered by the Zionist jews”, adding: “Only the Zionists could sacrifice their own in the gas chambers.”
On Twitter, there were references to the ‘false flag’ conspiracy theory about the Boston Marathon bombings and links to UFO sites.
The Jewish comments, revealed by Brighton’s Argus newspaper, were posted by Crampton’s Facebook account – which includes photos of her with Ukip leader Nigel Farage – on an online forum entitled ‘Was Pope Benedict fired by the Knights of Malta?’
The entry in Crampton’s name said: “Of coure [sic] he was” …
Ukip told The Argus it would not comment until it had contacted Crampton.
And Sam Westrop, director of interfaith organisation Stand For Peace, told the paper: “UKIP, to its credit, has expelled extremist and bigoted members in the past.
“They must also expel Anna-Marie Crampton. Such hatred must be fought at all times.”
Ukip has again been asked to comment but has yet to respond.
Meanwhile, it seems that they have suspended candidate Crampton.
Some Ukip candidates could be BNP members, says leader Nigel Farage: here.
Ukip’s thin veil of respectability slipped even further yesterday after anti-racist campaigners revealed two local party leaders were linked to the BNP and National Front: here.
Ukip councillor: let businesses turn away women or gay people if they want: here.
New book highlights life and work of Holocaust survivor: here.
Ukip leader Nigel Farage faced more embarrassment yesterday as the party suspended a member featured in an election broadcast for expressing “repellent” views on social media: here.
Racism row further engulfs Ukip as election candidate suggest actor and comedian Lenny Henry should go and live in a ‘black country’ if he thinks ethnic minorities are under-represented on British TV: here.
Ukip has selected former Tory Roger Helmer as parliamentary candidate to fight the Newark byelection, despite him arguing date rape victims can bear some responsibility for being assaulted, coming out in favour of the death penalty and comparing gay marriage to allowing incest: here.
- UKIP candidate claims Jews murdered each other in the Holocaust in masterplan to create State of Israel (swns.com)
- Ukip suspends candidate over Holocaust comments (thejc.com)
- Farage admits there are some UKIP candidates “we’d rather not have” (newstatesman.com)
- Ukip and Nigel Farage’s views on immigration are ‘very feeble’ slams Bulgarian ambassador (express.co.uk)
- Tehran Mayor: Holocaust Denial Harmed Iran, Palestinians (algemeiner.com)
- Exclusive picture of UKIP leader Nigel Farage and the ex-National Front official (mirror.co.uk)
- Godfrey Bloom, Ukip anti-hero (blogs.spectator.co.uk)
- Ukip’s Godfrey Bloom has whip removed after ‘sluts’ remark (theguardian.com)