This 3 February 2013 video is about birds near the IJmuiden North Sea coast.
We went to the southern jetty of IJmuiden harbour; jutting out from the coast into the North Sea.
A rock pipit.
Quite some turnstones, looking for food on the rocks.
À willow warbler resting during its spring migration.
A pied wagtail.
A great cormorant swimming.
Barn swallows flying past. On their way to the northern Netherlands? Or to Norway?
Oystercatchers. Some still have a winter plumage white collar. Some already have a spring plumage all-black neck.
A young herring gull lands between the oystercatchers.
Eventually, the oystercatchers fly away.
A redwing. Unfortunately, it is dead.
Stay tuned; as there will be more on this blog about IJmuiden pier birds.
- A morning on Exminster Marsh (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Willow Warblers (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Siberian Dutch yellow-browed warbler in Cornwall (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- A few photos from this weekend. (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Redstart @ Pwllpatti (radnorshirebirds.wordpress.com)
- Birds migrate slowly, cold spring (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)