This video says about itself:
March 25, 2013
Maryam al-Khawaja the acting president of the Bahrain Center for Human Rights gives Tunisia Live an update on both her father Abdulhadi al-Khawaja and her sister Zainab that started hunger strikes on Sunday 03/17/2013. She also talks about the human rights campaigner Nabeel Rajab, jailed for three years and the current situation in Bahrain.
Even the London Times, owned by Rupert Murdoch, a crony of the Bahraini absolute monarchy, today is unable to bring regime-friendly news from the Gulf kingdom.
The paper writes:
Daily The Guardian has more about this.
Demonstrators seeking to highlight pro-reform demands skirmish with security forces ahead of Formula One car race: here. And here.
Should it matter that two years later, despite ongoing, grave and widespread human rights violations, the Formula One is returning to Bahrain? Here.
Anonymous Briefly Takes Down Bahrain Grand Prix Website: here.
For the second successive year the Bahrain Grand Prix took place against a backdrop of simmering political unrest as confrontations erupted between police and anti-government protesters in the capital Manama, while hundreds of spectators failed to reach Sakhir in time for the race due to a heightened security presence around the circuit: here.
The Bahrain Grand Prix, which ended yesterday, is fast becoming one of the most contentious sporting events in the world. Pro-democracy and human rights activists utilise the F1 as a platform to draw attention to the plight of many Bahrainis who have suffered severe human rights abuses at the hands of a government who have yet to demonstrate any tangible commitment to reform and accountability: here.
Bahrain activist Nabeel Rajab ‘denied medical treatment’: here.
- Ecclestone, Cameron support Bahrain dictatorship (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain’s oppression Grand Prix (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain dictatorship police attacks women with grenades (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain dictatorship’s tear gas Grand Prix (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain dictatorship’s British computer spyware (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain dictatorship’s United States politicians’ support (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain dictatorship, resistance continue (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain dictatorship attacks woman (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain dictatorship and Manchester United football (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain dictatorship persecutes doctors (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)