This video is called Zainab Al-Khawaja: On the Front Line in Bahrain.
From the World Organisation Against Torture:
Bahrain: Ongoing arbitrary arrests and judicial harassment of human rights defenders
Paris-Geneva, March 19, 2013. As new cases of arbitrary arrests and ongoing judicial harassment against Ms. Zainab Al-Khawaja have been reported in Bahrain, the Observatory for the Protection of Human Rights Defenders, a joint programme of the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) and the World Organisation Against Torture (OMCT), remains extremely concerned with the very repressive climate faced by human rights defenders in the country.
On February 27, 2013, human rights activist Zainab Al-Khawaja was once again arrested while she was protesting alone in front of the King‘s palace in Qudaibiya, Manama, against the culture of impunity and the refusal by the authorities to release the body of Mr. Mahmood Al-Jazeeri who died on February 22, 2013 as a result of tear gas canister shot at his head from a close range. Ms. Al-Khawaja stood with a banner saying “you’ve arrested our fathers & children, even our bodies. Let your palaces hear, we don’t fear your prisons”. She was arrested and taken to Al Hoora police station where she was charged with “obstructing traffic”, “damaging public property”, “prejudice to authority” and “inciting hatred of the regime”.
A leading human rights organisation has called for the release of Bahrain’s “political prisoners” to help stop escalating violence: here.
- Bahrain regime tortures again (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain oppression continues (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Observatory addresses Human Rights Council on funding restrictions on NGOs (thoolen.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain’s Persecution of Human Rights Defenders Continues (thoolen.wordpress.com)
- Full report of observer mission to trial of Nabeel Rajab in Bahrain now available (thoolen.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain: Renewed Detention of Outspoken Activist as Prison Sentences Start to Rain (nsnbc.me)
- Free Bahraini political prisoners, petition for Obama (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Court convicts Bahrain activist (bbc.co.uk)
- Bahrain dictatorship’s British enablers (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
Pingback: Medical ethics conference impossible in dictatorial Bahrain | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Bahrain dictatorship and Martin Luther King | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Disgraced Conservative Liam Fox helps Bahrain dictatorship | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Bahrain dictatorship’s United States politicians’ support | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Bahraini father dies after police tortured his son | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Bahrain dictatorship police attacks women with grenades | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Bahrain police throws smoke grenades at women and children | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Saudi dictatorship’s Canadian weapons | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Bahrain, torture and football | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Bahrain dictatorship’s police violence | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Bahrain dictatorship censors British journalists | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Bahrain dictatorship keeping its torture secret | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Bahrain royal oppression continues | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Bahrain dictatorship attacks May Day march | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Again, Bahraini human rights defender arrested | Dear Kitty. Some blog