This video from Britain is called One “bad apple”? Or typical of the UK army’s torture regime in Iraq?
Translated from ANP news agency in the Netherlands:
March 17, 2013 5:14 p.m.
Spain investigates abuses in Iraq
The Spanish government is investigating a video said to show how Spanish soldiers abused prisoners in Iraq in 2004.
The newspaper El País published this Sunday a video in which Spanish soldiers are said to kick two prisoners who were lying on the floor.
If the images are real, then the government will try to punish the soldiers, the Spanish Ministry of Defense says.
The former Spanish Prime Minister José María Aznar was, together with his former British colleague Tony Blair and U.S. President George W. Bush one of the strongest supporters of the international military operation in Iraq.
- Another French soldier dies in Mali (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Ten Years and a Trillion Dollars (theburningplatform.com)
- Should Tony Blair be tried as a war criminal? Majority think he was wrong to invade Iraq (express.co.uk)
- Icons Of The Iraq War: Prisoner Abuse — Abu Ghraib’s Lynndie England (rferl.org)
- Iraq, Afghanistan war violence comes back to Britain (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- 15 Iraqis to be flown to UK for torture claims inquiry (itv.com)
- Study: Iraq War Cost U.S. $2.2 Trillion, Claimed Nearly 200,000 Lives (elect2care.com)
- Arwa Damon’s Iraq: Suffocating in a cloak of sorrow (cnn.com)