This French video is the first one of a series about crane migration at the lake “Lac du Der” in autumn 2010.
And this French video is the second one of that series about crane migration at Lac du Der in autumn 2010.
We rose very early today, to see and hear the cranes around sunrise.
It is much sunnier this morning than on earlier cloudy days here; though a bit misty.
It is freezing; minus two degrees centigrade.
Slowly, the beautiful sound of the cranes around the lake gets stronger, as they wake up and start flying away.
Also: mallards, coots and grey lag geese.
A blackbird sings in the village.
Our bus departs. First, to the Ferme aux grues again.
In the trees, near the hide: house sparrows.
Male and female bullfinch.
Great tits and blue tits.
And a beautiful male great spotted woodpecker.
11:15. Still 70 kilometer till Reims. A red kite flying.
Five minutes later. A flock of rooks on a fence.
Later, another red kite flying. A buzzard on a fence.
When the bus stops: long-tailed tits in a tree.
- French cranes and bullfinches, photos (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- French cranes, woodpeckers, and red kites (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Cranes and hares in France (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Greenfinch and cranes in France (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Cranes, cranes and red kites in France, photos (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- French cranes and sea eagle, first morning (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- To the cranes in France (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Crane migration in France (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Rare ducks and cranes in France, photos (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- French short-eared owl, ghosts and cranes (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)