This video is about 23,600 cranes staying at night at Lac du Der, end of February 2008..
From Giffaumont-Champaubert village, we walked before sunrise. Still dark; a blackbird already singing.
We climbed the dike preventing the lake from flooding. In the water, teal. Wigeons; mallards. Two great crested grebes.
Many flocks of cranes leaving the lake, flying to fields not far away for feeding. Or, already on their long journey to Scandinavia?
A sparrowhawk flying.
Then, a much larger bird of prey: a juvenile white-tailed eagle! A carrion crow tries to drive it away.
This is a video about two adult and one juvenile sea eagles at Lac du Der in January 2010.
This winter, there are five white-tailed eagles around the lake.
Ten grey lag geese flying.
A male goosander flies over the lake.
A blue tit.
A great egret flying.
- To the cranes in France (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Crane migration in France (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- First godwits, redshank of 2013 (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- French short-eared owl, ghosts and cranes (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- White Tailed Eagle (Sea Eagle) – Hungary – Will Nichols (photobotos.com)
- Eight hawfinches, siskins, jays at the cemetery (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Marsh tits, parakeets, starlings and sanderlings (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- White-tailed Eagle by Young Sung Bae (500px.com)
- Siskins, blackbird, great tit on balcony (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Fun Facts About Bald Eagles (livescience.com)