Barbara of the blog Common Sense in an uncommon world has been so kind to award Dear Kitty. Some blog the Liebster Award! Thank you so much Barbara, and all the best for you and your blog!
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
Section 1. Add the award logo to your blog.
Section 2. Answer the eleven questions.
Section 3. Pass the award on to 11 other blogs, link to them and let them know. Ask them eleven new questions.
Barbara’s eleven questions for her nominees are:
1. What is your idea of the coolest pen name? At the moment, my Internet pen name is petrel41. Petrel because of the beautiful snow petrel which I was privileged to see near Antarctica. And 41 because of a number in a street where I used to live, but don’t live any more.
2. If you were King/Queen… I would abdicate and abolish the monarchy. I don’t believe in monarchies.
3. What was the coolest decade for being a teen? 1960s. All sorts of new music rising … standards of living rising for many people, not just for a minority of billionaires, like now.
4. If you made the laws, how would you stop child abuse? Child abuse and how to stop it are really complex issues. One cannot stop it by better laws only. The questions then would still remain: will these laws be put into practice? And: will the child abuse become known soon; or will it be like with British child abuser Sir Jimmy Savile, who died and got a luxurious tombstone with an inscription in golden letters? Only removed later when the truth came out?
Briefly, too briefly: quite some people think of typical child abusers as mysterious unknown people, lurking in bushes, waiting for children unknown to them. That is not true. The great majority of child abusers know their victims; and are often in some position of authority over the children. That often makes it harder for children, or their parents, to denounce the culprits. Sir Jimmy Savile was a “celebrity” with a “good” reputation; and with links to government and other establishment people. If a child rapist is a priest, then there is the idea that denouncing that rapist would be against the church, against God Himself. So, the truth about little Marietje Kessels only comes out now, over a century after she was raped and murdered. If people would be encouraged to think about authority less uncritically, then cases of child abuse might go down.
5. How would you end poverty if you had the power? UK-based charity Oxfam says the world’s 100 richest people earned enough in 2012 to end global poverty four times over. So, according to these Oxfam figures, if these 100 people would give up 25% of their yearly income, then they still would have plenty of money left to buy private warship yachts, private planes, private Hawaiian islands, etc.
6. When did you realize you wanted to write? Already as a pre-teen, I wrote stories and poems.
7. What is your favorite dessert? Fruit salad.
8. Who was the greatest influence in your life? My mother; with her subscriptions to bird and wildlife magazines, and much more.
9. What was your favorite subject in school? Biology.
10. If you could live anywhere on earth, where would that be and why? There are many beautiful places. I spent wonderful spring days around Tavira in the Algarve in Portugal. I saw fantastic migratory birds and nesting swallows. I saw medieval architecture and poetry as well. On the other hand, the weather there in mid summer might be too hot.
11. Do you like winning these awards? Yes!
My eleven nominees are:
5. Miss Ayo Délé
9. roy thoman
My eleven questions for my nominees are:
1. If you are a WordPress blogger: did you blog somewhere else before you started your WordPress blog?
2. If yes to question #1, what are the main differences between your previous blog site and WordPress?
3. Do you think you are using all WordPress features which might be useful?
4. Do you know how many “likes” your blog got so far? If so, how? This is an important question for me, as some bloggers know, and I don’t have any idea how many “likes” my blog got so far 🙂
5, Do you use the Get Polling Polldaddy feature?
6. If so, is it working well on your site? I tried Polldaddy, but somehow it did not work well on my site 🙂
7. What is your favourite animal species?
8. What is your favourite plant species?
9. Did you ever make a blog post which you expected would get few visitors, but which on the contrary got many views?
10. Did you ever make a blog post which you expected would get many visitors, but which on the contrary got few views?
11. What is your favourite song?
- Liebster Blog Award, thanks supernova! (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award (scribblinginthestorageroom.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Blog Award: Shameless Self-Promotion (ellaquinnauthor.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award (patriciaddrury.com)
- The Liebster Award (legendsofwindemere.com)