I would like to express my sincerest thanks to supernova for my Liebster Blog Award nomination which I am delighted to accept.
Thank you supernova, you made my day with such a wonderful surprise. I feel honoured that you chose me and my blog for this award, and I am very grateful.
The rules of this award are:
1) Post eleven facts about yourself.
2) Answer the questions the blogger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
3) Choose eleven people to give this award to and link them in your post.
4) Go to their blogs and tell them.
The eleven facts about myself are:
1. Recently, the most frequent commenters at my blog are:
* Based on the 1000 most recent comments.
2. My most commented upon blog posts:
* Based on the 1000 most recent comments.
3. My visitors’ search terms for finding my blog of yesterday early morning were
|the meaning of geneva, where capital lives||7|
|bahrain prostitutes places||3|
|brigitte bardot anti semite||2|
|british iraq war political cartoons||2|
|nzl fugro 2000 rapport noord||1|
|“complutense university of madrid” plos one”olduvai gorge”||1|
|Other search terms||47|
|Unknown search terms||13|
|Total search terms||70|
4. Around me, after wintry weather, there were higher temperature days. But today, snow again.
5. I have the My community widget enabled on my blog. Not too many pictures, in order not to slow down the loading of my blog posts. The My community pictures change constantly.
6. Today, the number of subscribers at my blog is 804.
7. I used to watch football matches on TV at least once a week.
8. Now, I mostly watch only important matches, like World Cup matches.
9. I now have four pages at my blog. Recently, I added the Awards page.
10. Years ago, I used to listen much to radio.
11. Now, my radio listening is mainly limited to a natural history program once a week.
My eleven nominees are:
9. Wise Counsel
My eleven new questions for my nominees are:
1. What did the Internet, in general, change in your life?
2. What did your blog change in your life?
3. Are there differences in your blog, from when it started, compared to now?
4. What is your favourite WordPress feature?
5. What is the worst WordPress feature?
6. Which bird species around where you live do you like particularly?
7. Which country, which you have never been to yet, would you like to visit? Why?
8. Which book you have read do you dislike most? Why?
9. Which is the most beautiful national park, nature reserve etc. which you have ever visited?
10. Are you on Facebook? If so, then why?
11. If you are not on Facebook, then why not?
Here are the eleven questions I’ve been asked by supernova.
1. Why did you start your blog?
Ans: I started to read other people’s blogs in 2004. Then, I read about a site called ModBlog which got good reviews. I started blogging at ModBlog in January 2005. But soon, ModBlog was bought by a big corporation and went down the drain, and I had to move.
For more about why I blog, see here.
2. Do you prefer Sunrise or Sunset?
Ans: Any of these two are beautiful; if there are not so many clouds that they become invisible 🙂
3. If you could take a whim and make it come true, what would it be?
Ans: To stop all wars in the world.
4. What is your favourite book?
5. My favourite cartoon character?
Ans: Polly Esther of the Samurai Pizza Cats.
6. What would you give up if you had to?
Ans: smoking (fortunately, I never started 🙂 .
7. Are you a Blog addict?
8. Do you prefer camping or a hotel?
Ans: I prefer a roof over my head when it rains or snows.
9. As a child, what did you want to be?
Ans: A palaeontologist.
10. As you grew up did you become a better person?
11. If you could change something what would it be?
Stop torture and wars.
- Liebster Award, thanks supernova! (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award (sandiestar.com)
- Liebster Blog Award…..Thank you Tuttacronaca. (detectingblackpool.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award (patriciaddrury.com)
- Hello, Liebster. We Meet At Last…! (allthosesmallthings.wordpress.com)
- I Am Truly Honoured, Thank you! (bethebetterme.wordpress.com)
- The One Where I Tell You More About Me – Liebster’d (withoutsushi.com)
- Award Time! The Liebster … (teepee12.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award (scribblinginthestorageroom.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award (sterlingsop.wordpress.com)