This video says about itself:
Nov 25, 2012
Qatar hosts the COP 18 United Nations Climate Change Conference for 2012, but is criticized because Qatar pollutes more per capita than any other country.
From Socialist Worker weekly in Britain:
12 January 2013
Super-rich’s island party is riven with superyacht envy
But this party is also a battle of the billionaires—for who has the most impressive superyacht.
His superyacht, Eclipse, is worth an incredible £1 billion—and at 557 feet long, it’s the world’s biggest privately owned yacht.
Eclipse’s kitting-out perhaps reveals a little of its owner’s paranoia. This is a superyacht with its very own missile defense system.
Abramovich’s suite is armour-plated, and he has a mini-submarine on board in case he needs to make a quick escape.
The boat is truly massive. It has room for 62 guests, with two swimming pools and two helipads. Its 80 staff all wear tan-coloured uniforms.
But Abramovich had competition in St Barts, most notably from Qatari prime minister Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber bin Muhammad al-Thani.
His yacht may be smaller, but it’s still 436 feet—longer than a football pitch. And it may only have one helipad and pool, but it does boast lots of bars and a cinema too.
Still, Abramovich has one thing up his sleeve. Not only does he own the biggest boat, he owns the 70 acre estate where the party is held.
Driving each other crazy
When the poshos aren’t battling over superyachts, they’re getting upset with each other about their fast cars.
Super-rich types living in London’s posh Kensington are getting cross about millionaires with Ferraris and Lamborghinis “drifting” around corners near Harrods. Long may they annoy each other.
- Battle of the mega yachts: Roman Abramovich takes on Qatari royal billionaire as they moor their enormous private ships in Caribbean island of St Barts (thisismoney.co.uk)
- Mega yachts battle to anchor (boatingbusiness.com)
- Kings Of Leon Play At Billionaire’s Caribbean New Year’s Eve (contactmusic.com)
- Luxury superyachts share glittering Christmas spirit (nzherald.co.nz)
- Steve Jobs’ Superyacht Impounded in Amsterdam Over Unpaid Bills (gcaptain.com)