Translated from Dutch conservation organization Natuurmonumenten, about their nature reserve Oude Buisse Heide:
Sixty years after the death of Henriette Roland Holst, ‘The Netherlands’ greatest poetess’, the Vincent van Gogh House and Natuurmonumenten are organizing in 2012 a special Roland Holst Year.
During walking, cycling and other activities, we will take you to the stories and poems of the special couple Roland Holst. A unique look at the rich cultural history of the area!
The year is almost over now.
After Vincent van Gogh died penniless, Henriette’s husband, visual artist Richard Roland Holst, was one of the first promoters of Van Gogh’s art. Richard’s studio is still at the Oude Buisse Heide. Margaret Staal-Kropholler, the first female architect in the Netherlands, designed it in 1918.
When Richard died, Henriette Roland Holst inherited the Oude Buisse Heide. An ardent conservationist, her will made Natuurmonumenten the heirs of this nature reserve.
- App about Naardermeer nature reserve (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Flemish and Dutch poetry event (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- New grass species in the Netherlands (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- van gogh, quickly (Wheat Field with Cypresses) (artstuckinmyeye.wordpress.com)
- Van Gogh dazzles at Netherlands’ Kroeller-Mueller (mysanantonio.com)
- Vincent van Gogh (fourplaycollective.wordpress.com)
- Vincent Van Gogh Quiz (go4quiz.com)