This video from Mexico is called Humpback Whale Shows AMAZING Appreciation After Being Freed From Nets.
“Humpback to the left of the flag!”
Thursday, December 20, 2012, 16:56
By reporter Pauline Broekema
He is from Sousse, Tunisia. Grew up near the sea and is used to marine animals. But for Hesni Sougnir, owner of the beachbar the Weather Vane on the boulevard in Egmond aan Zee this is a unique day. He interrupts his work regularly. In his blue apron he watches intensively behind the surf. In front of his bar the two whales swim. He can not believe his luck.
Regularly, whale watchers come. The humpback whale spotters are of the helpful kind. “To the left of the flag!” it sounds. “Keep the binoculars focused on the surf, then you will see it there!”
A passerby without binoculars can borrow one. Though there is little to see of the humpback, still the sudden blow fountain is an unexpected sensation. A fin that suddenly pops up out of the sea creates turbulence on the coast. Sougnir has many nature lovers among its customers. “They have been waiting for this for thirty years,” he says.
It’s probably a mother with a baby. This morning, the men of the Egmond lifeboat were close to them in an open boat. “The animals were a in fine condition, as far as I could see” says Henk Biesboer of the lifeboat.
- Dutch humpback whale was female (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Beached humpback whale Johannes, RIP (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Dutch humpback still alive, bad weather (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Beached sperm whale, humpback videos update (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Dutch stranded humpback whale update (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Sperm whale, humpback beaching update (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Dutch humpback whale in Texel harbour (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Beached humpback whale Netherlands, videos (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Dutch humpback whale near Texel, update (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Beached humpback whale, saved by tomorrow’s springtide? (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)