From daily The Morning Star in Britain:
Fascists attack left MPs
Tuesday 18 December 2012
Progressive Greek MP Dimitris Stratoulis was attacked by three men at a football match on Sunday in the country’s Olympic Stadium.
His attackers identified themselves as members of the extreme-right Golden Dawn party, and threatened to kill him while striking him several times on the head.
Spectators intervened and the assailants fled.
Mr Meikopoulos tried to mediate, but when he showed his Greek parliament ID, he and his father were hit by police officers.
Very plausibly, these policemen who beat Alexandros Meikopoulos were some of quite some Golden Dawn nazi sympathizers in the police.
See also here.
Syriza said: “We demand the arrest and prosecution of the perpetrators.
“It is certain that tolerance towards the fascist Golden Dawn will lead to loss of life. The response must be immediate and decisive before it’s too late.”
See also here.
- ‘We will kill you:’ Far-Right Greek Party Accused of Assaulting Politician (theepochtimes.com)
- Greek Neo-Nazi MPs Attempt to Bring Guns into Parliament (israelnationalnews.com)
- Greek nazi recites anti-Semitic Protocols in parliament (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Neo-Nazi Golden Dawn MPs Caught in Greek Parliament Armed with Guns (dokmz.wordpress.com)
- A warning from Athens (newstatesman.com)
- Greek schools ‘fertile ground for neo-Nazis’ (ekathimerini.com)
- Golden Dawn MPs Are Taking The Nazi Comparisons To A Whole New Level In Greece (businessinsider.com)
- The Fascist Infiltration of Greek Civil Society (2ndcouncilhouse.co.uk)
- Greek Neo-Nazi Golden Dawn Threatens Macedonia in Greek Parliament (dokmz.wordpress.com)