This video about India is called Dow refuses to pay more to Bhopal victims.
From daily The Morning Star in Britain:
Survivors demand justice
Monday 03 December 2012
Survivors of the Bhopal gas disaster and their supporters rallied near the Indian prime minister’s office in New Delhi today on the anniversary of the tragedy.
They called for the prime ministers’ intervention to punish the Union Carbide corporation – now owned by Dow Chemical – and guarantee adequate compensation for the victims.
Over 3,000 died and at least 500,000 others were affected by the methyl isocyanate leak in 1984 and thousands of children born to parents directly exposed to the gas or poisoned by contaminated water are suffering cleft lips, missing palates and twisted limbs.
The victims got only inadequate compensation, pressure group Bhopal Gas Peedit Mahila Udyog Sanghthan convener Abdul Jabbar said.
Mr Jabbar added that both state and central governments were trying to protect multinational companies.
“It is because of this attitude that Union Carbide then chief executive Warren Anderson has not been brought to India to face trial.”
- Bhopal-Promises broken, justice delayed (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- The Bhopal Disaster and Medical Research (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Bhopal Gas Tragedy: City still breathes Methyl Isocyanate (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Photos: On this day – December 3, 1984 – The Bhopal Disaster (photos.denverpost.com)
- Amnesty calls for justice for Bhopal gas victims (thehindu.com)
- Why was poison used by Union Carbide? (ndsharma.wordpress.com)
- Bhopal and the BP Oil Spill: A Tale of Two Disasters (time.com)
- Wiki wipes of multinational companies exposed (thetimes.co.uk)
Pingback: Bhopal disaster survivors demand justice | Mental Health, Politics and LGBT issues | Scoop.it
Pingback: Letter RE: LEPCs Show That Help Won’t Be Coming - RV News Today
Pingback: Bhopal disaster survivors demand justice |...
Pingback: Bhopal pesticide disaster, thirty years on | Dear Kitty. Some blog