Now that already so much has become known about the very harmful effects of the use of the toxic herbicide Roundup on the environment, humans and animals, the city of Leiden, despite warnings from scientists and nature and environmental organizations, continues to spray this poison on its streets and sidewalks. In this way, they knowingly put the health of its population and its (domestic) animals in danger. The municipality of Leiden should take better care of its citizens by stopping the spraying of chemical rubbish on our doorsteps and should switch to other, not dangerous weed removal methods!
inhabitants of Leiden, parents, animal lovers, environmental organizations, nature lovers
That scientific studies have conclusively shown that the toxic agent Roundup
– Harms the health of humans and animals
– Contaminates the surface water
– Endangers drinking water
– Harms the environment
and that sufficient alternative non-chemical ways to control weeds exist.
the city of Leiden to finally take its duty of care for its residents, their children and animals seriously, by immediately stopping to spraying or have others spray this toxic, the very harmful Roundup Evolution in their city and to proceed to another, non-chemical, harmless weed control method.
am signing the petition No poisonous stuff gang on Leiden sidewalks.
my name and address may be publicly visible under the petition yes/no.
You can sign the petition here.
- Waxwings in the Netherlands (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Forget weedkiller and learn to love weeding | Alys Fowler (guardian.co.uk)
- DuPont Sends in Former Cops to Enforce Seed Patents: Commodities (bloomberg.com)
- Caltrans worker can sue over herbicides (sfgate.com)
- How GMOs unleashed a pesticide gusher (guardian.co.uk)
- Herbicide-Resistant ‘Super Weeds’ Increasingly Plaguing Farmers (usnews.com)
- USDA Scientist: Monsanto’s Roundup Herbicide Damages Soil (troymburnettnews.com)
- Pesticide Use Ramping Up As GMO Crop Technology Backfires (readersupportednews.org)
- Monsanto Roundup-Ready Alfalfa Should Be Blocked, Court Told – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- The new PCB: Monsanto’s Roundup weed killer turning up in air, rain and rivers (bagmo.wordpress.com)