This video from England is called The Queen’s Palaces – Windsor Castle – 1 of 2.
From weekly Socialist Worker in Britain:
The Queen needs a new cleaner at her £166 million Windsor Castle. But the successful candidate can’t expect to clean up—they’ll be on just £6.67 an hour.
That’s 78p less than the already measly living wage for outside London, and it works out as just £13,000 a year. Still, don’t blame Liz Windsor. She only gets £32 million a year in subsidies.
Two decades after she left office, Maggie Thatcher is still not for turning. The despised former PM has claimed more than half a million in expenses over the past five years. Her successor John Major is close behind with £490,000. Their expenses are supposed to cover office and secretarial costs.
- Queen criticised for paying Windsor Castle cleaners at 78p below hourly ‘Living Wage’ (dailymail.co.uk)
- Emir of Kuwait Sheik Sabah Welcomed by Queen to Windsor Castle PICTURES (sfluxe.com)
- “Annus horribilis”: Looking back in pictures at the night Windsor Castle went up in smoke (mirror.co.uk)
- Goodbye, Europe: London, England (Part 3) (foodiebaker.com)
- Queen under fire for paying Windsor Castle cleaners at 78p below hourly ‘Living Wage’ (hangthebankers.com)
- Hold your horses! Unseated mounted soldier left embarrassed after his steed bolts during Queen’s visit from Kuwaiti leader (dailymail.co.uk)
- G4S mercenaries get British taxpayers’ millions (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Andy Warhol’s iconic images of the Queen go on display at Windsor Castle for the first time (thisismoney.co.uk)