This video is called A Short History of Ireland.
From the Royal Irish Academy (why still ‘Royal’ as Ireland is now officially a republic?):
Domestic Life in Ireland
22 November 2012
Publication title: Domestic Life in Ireland
Author: Various Authors, Elizabeth Fitzpatrick and James Kelly (editors)
Publication type: Book (Paperback)
Number of pages: 336
ISBN number: 978-1-904890-83-6
Price: 25.00 EUR Euros
This book explores domestic life in Ireland from the earliest Neolithic settlements through to the bespoke housing extensions of the twenty-first century.
Here, current research, new ideas and discoveries are brought together with a clear and compelling introduction by historian Toby Barnhard. Twenty scholars from multidisciplinary backgrounds look at design, decoration, material goods and the changing fashions, rituals and superstitions of daily life; rural and urban, male and female, rich and poor. Domestic life in Ireland is a serious work that offers fascinating reading for anyone with an interest in Ireland’s past.
From the Academy’s web page on the book:
For the month of November, we’re making the book available to read online. Click here to read.
- A Sneak Preview of Morpeth’s Roll (eogn.com)
- Pictures from the Irish History Compressed ebook (irishhistorycompressed.wordpress.com)
- Irish protests against killing women by ‘pro-life’ rules (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Irish in the American Civil War Book Cover (irishamericancivilwar.com)
- Crowdfunding: The Wild Geese to explore worldwide Irish heritage online – VIDEO (irishcentral.com)
- Talking History: Ireland’s Great Republican Revolutionary (newstalk.ie)
- Why De Valera got a bum rap on being pro-Nazi because of U.S Ambassador (irishcentral.com)
- Irish Church breaks silence over Savita’s death (thehindu.com)