This video from Ireland says about itself:
Nov 18, 2012 by Trade Union TV Ireland
March to protest the horrific state of affairs as it stands in Ireland, where Savita Halappanavar in the year 2012 in an Irish hospital died suffering and in pain after being denied an abortion she and her husband repeatedly requested.
Enough is enough. No more women can die.
From the Garden of Remembrance to the Dáil, where we will hold a candlelight vigil in conjunction with Galway Pro-Choice to grieve Savita’s unnecessary death. Bring a candle to light to mark her loss.
We will have one speaker at the Garden of Remembrance to start our protest then we’ll march to the Dáil and at 5pm we will light our candles in solidarity with the vigil taking place then in Galway.
Video © Paula Geraghty
This video from Ireland is called Protest at death of Savita, denied an abortion in Irish hospital.
- Never Again: Protesters to march and hold vigil outside Dáil in memory of Savita Halappanaver (thedailyshift.com)
- Protests over Savita death planned across Ireland & UK (newstalk.ie)
- Savita Halappanavar death row: Thousands rally in Ireland – Indian Express (indianexpress.com)
- Irish govt. wants Savita probe to ‘stand up to world’s scrutiny’ (thehindu.com)
- Thousands march in Dublin over abortion rights (guardian.co.uk)
- Protest and Vigil for Savita Praveen (cedarlounge.wordpress.com)
- Indian parents blame Irish abortion laws for daughter’s death (sfluxe.com)
- Thousands protest in Ireland to liberalize abortion laws (csmonitor.com)