This video from Britain is called Inquiry launched into Tory child abuse.
By Sadie Robinson in Britain:
Tue 6 Nov 2012
David Cameron has announced an investigation into allegations that senior Tories abused children during the 1970s and 1980s.
He was forced to make the move following claims that one senior Tory raped a child, Steve Messham, in north Wales “more than a dozen times”.
The senior Tory is said to have been a top ally of Margaret Thatcher.
The allegations are shocking enough. But more appalling is the fact that the establishment covered them up. Police dismissed victims as liars. An investigation into abuse in 2000 was limited to abuse that occurred inside children’s homes.
Those who had been driven elsewhere to be abused by others, including senior Tories, couldn’t give evidence about that. The final report protected the names of several alleged abusers—including two senior Tories.
A previous inquiry commissioned by Clwyd County Council was never published. Copies of it were pulped so that the local authority could maintain its insurance cover.
Politicians and the press are usually eager to denounce paedophiles and call for tougher sanctions for abusers. But when people in power abuse children, they turn a blind eye. It seems some abusers matter more than others.
Along with Cameron’s inquiry, the police investigation into allegations of child abuse in north Wales could also be reopened. Yet the entire establishment has failed victims of abuse time and time again as it has continued to protect people in power.
Sadly there’s no guarantee that fresh investigations will deliver truth or justice. This scandal doesn’t simply condemn individual Tories. It’s an indictment of the sick system they uphold.
- Tory child sex ring claim: Cameron races to control scandal (guardian.co.uk)
- Child abuse scandal: police inquiry to be led by National Crime Agency boss (guardian.co.uk)
- Cameron orders two more inquiries into alleged north Wales sex abuse ring (guardian.co.uk)
- ‘Top Tory’ in child sex abuse scandal – Cameron orders full investigation (standard.co.uk)
- “Maggie minister abused children”: Claim that alleged paedophile was in Tory Cabinet (mirror.co.uk)
- Tory at centre of child abuse claims may sit in House of Lords, MP suggests (telegraph.co.uk)
- Cameron acts urgently on Tory child abuse allegations (smh.com.au)
- Paedophile scandal: Three victims name Tory bigwig as one of their abusers (mirror.co.uk)