This video says about itself:
24 October 2012
These two sand dunes both “sing” when sand rolls down their sides. But they sing quite differently. For [the] full story behind these dunes, see: http://www.agu.org/news/press/pr_archives/2012/2012-47.shtml
See also here.
Singing Sand Dunes Explained: here.
- More Clues About Singing Sand (science.kqed.org)
- Sand Dunes Singing the Chaos Blues (news.discovery.com)
- For Tune-Carrying Sand Dunes, the Key Lies in the Grains (livescience.com)
- Oryx and Sand Dune – Deadvlei, Namibia (PhotoBotos.com) (rakkav.wordpress.com)
- Measuring Successful Indicators in Sand Dune Accretion. St Annes Sand Dunes. (creativeurbanite.wordpress.com)
- Why sand dunes sing different tunes (grindtv.com)
- Video: Grains Shape the Songs of Sand Dunes (news.sciencemag.org)
- Why ‘singing’ sand dunes hum certain notes (phys.org)