This video is about nature in autumn in Thorpe Marsh Nature Reserve in England.
From Wildlife Extra:
UK National Nature Reserves gear up for autumn spectaculars
October 2012. As the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness enfolds us in its foggy embrace, why not get out and enjoy the wildlife sights and sounds the season has to offer.
Natural England manages over 100 National Nature Reserves (NNRs) around the country and each has something exciting to offer at this time of year, from thousand strong flocks of geese to the thrill of the deer rut, from the subtle shades of fruiting fungi to thrushes feeding on bright, bright berries – there’s something for everyone.
If it’s some spectacular birdlife you’re after, we’ve got plenty to see. At Lower Derwent Valley in East Yorkshire, whooper swans will be returning to settle in for the winter after breeding in the high Arctic. For the first time, there are around 15 marsh harriers on the Reserve – possibly one of the most northern winter roosts for this species. At Shapwick Heath in Somerset you can see huge murmurations of starlings, swirling in sync over the reeds at dusk, while out on the coast at Bridgewater Bay, the winter flocks of dunlin are massing in their thousands. You’ll see plenty of wildfowl and waders arriving at the Wash, in Norfolk, and thousands of geese at Lindisfarne, in Northumberland. As summer’s bounty dwindles, flocks of mixed thrushes can be seen picking autumn berries from the trees – you can catch these at Kingley Vale, West Sussex, and Castle Eden Dene, Co. Durham.
- Otter arrives in Dutch nature reserve (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Eel Spotted At Stokes Point Nature Reserve (bernews.com)
- Nature Reserve Red Maple (fikaafterfifty.wordpress.com)
- Future Land Management: Integrating People & Wildlife (peteetheridge.wordpress.com)
- Good English little tern news (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Autumn wildlife in Northumberland (tammytourguide.wordpress.com)
- Day 10 – Panajachel and the Natural Reserve (lakeatitlantrip.wordpress.com)
- Fly-tippers target nature reserve (thelochsidepress.com)