This video says about itself:
Watch online who supplies Syrian rebels with arms
5 October 2012
A group of reporters including those of with the New York Times has been using the online pin board “Pinterest” to post pictures and analyses of weapons in rebel possession. It turns out to be that majority of weapons secretly shipped to Syria at the behest of Saudi Arabia and Qatar went to hardline Islamic rebel groups rather than more secular organizations favored by the West.
Two deadly bombings in Beirut point to the growing threat that the Syrian conflict will spread to Lebanon and throughout the region: here.
By Niall Green:
Turkey’s foreign minister demands war in the name of “human rights”
22 October 2012
The Turkish government has again called on the United States and the European powers to take direct military action against Syria.
Speaking to Britain’s Guardian newspaper on Friday, Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu claimed that such an intervention was required to “stop the bloodshed” and resolve the refugee crisis in Syria.
“We [Turkey] are doing all we can to help these people, using all diplomatic capacity to stop this bloodshed,” Davutoglu told Guardian columnist and Assistant Editor Simon Tisdall. “But there should be a much more concerted effort by the international community. The best way we can see now is direct humanitarian intervention.”
This statement turns reality on its head, as Davutoglu and the Guardian editors well know. It is Turkey and its NATO allies, together with the Gulf monarchies of Saudi Arabia and Qatar, all operating under the aegis of the United States government,that are the principal sponsors of the 18-month old Syrian conflict.
Led by Washington, these powers have supplied hundreds of millions of dollars in money, arms and other materiel to the “rebel” militias fighting the government of Bashar al-Assad in Syria. Much of this military aid has gone directly to Sunni extremist groups, including those with links to Al Qaeda.
As the New York Times reported last week, top US intelligence officials in Washington have acknowledged that “most of the arms shipped at the behest of Saudi Arabia and Qatar to supply Syrian rebel groups fighting the government of Bashar al-Assad are going to hard-line Islamic jihadists.”
These US-backed Islamist groups have turned the conflict in Syria into a sectarian civil war, in which Sunni-based “rebel” forces target members of the Alawite, Shiite, Druze and Christian minorities, as well as other civilians who have refused to join or support their “jihad.” Pro-regime forces have responded in kind, with reports of reprisal attacks in villages and neighborhoods used as bases by the opposition fighters.
Western policy on Syria is failing on a monumental scale: here.
Fierce fighting erupted between Western-backed insurgents and Kurds in Syria amid growing threats of a Turkish intervention: here.
Chief of the Defence Staff General Sir David Richards told the BBC that British troops could be deployed to Syria in the event of a “major humanitarian crisis”: here.
- Iran and Turkey’s meeting reveals new approach to Syria (guardian.co.uk)
- Lebanon Bombing: Impetus for US-NATO Planned Sectarian War (weeklyintercept.blogspot.com)
- Syrian gov’t blames Turkey, Gulf States for ongoing bloodshed – Xinhua (news.xinhuanet.com)
- US to Focus Exclusively on Arming Al Qaeda in Syria (blacklistednews.com)
Yes, it begins to look uncomfortably like things went in Afghanistan.
Pingback: Syria, another NATO war? | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Shi’ite men killed
LEBANON: Four Shi’ite men were found dead in the mountains near Ras Baalbek today.
Officials said they appeared to have been killed in an ambush.
The motive was unclear but Sunni-Shi’ite tensions have spilled over into Lebanon from Syria’s civil war.
Pingback: Terrorism in Lebanon, by Prince Bandar ‘Bush’? | Dear Kitty. Some blog
At least seven killed in cafe
Lebanon: Suicide bombers wreaked carnage in a Tripoli coffee shop on Saturday night, killing at least seven people and wounding more than 30.
Syria’s al-Qaida-linked Nusra Front claimed responsibility for the blast in the predominantly Alawite neighbourhood of Jabal Mohsen, saying it was a twin suicide attack.
The state-run National News Agency said the attack killed nine people and wounded more than 35, citing its local reporter for the casualty figures.
Pingback: Syrian journalists’ kidnappers Sunni, not Shia | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Wars cause 50 million refugees | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: ‘NATO air force killing hundreds of Syrian civilians’ | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Washington supports Turkey’s Erdogan’s anti-Syrian Kurds bloodshed | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Protests against Trump’s war on Syria | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: ‘Dangerous tension between nuclear armed Russia-nuclear armed USA’ | Dear Kitty. Some blog