This is a 28 May 2017 drone flight video about the Loosdrechtse plassen.
Today, Saturday 13 October 2012.
From the village harbour, the ship Prins Hendrik departs; to Breukelen and back.
She can carry seventy passengers, but there are not that many today.
First, the Loosdrechtse plassen lakes.
Then, the Drecht canal.
In a meadow, many grey lag geese.
Two mute swans swimming.
We arrive at the Mijndense sluis lock.
It is here, because the water level of the Drecht differs from the Vecht river.
When we will pas the lock, the drawbridge, the Leo Oor bridge, will have to open.
Lichens and a few small plants grow on the floodgates.
Near a house on the bank, a great tit. On the chimney of the house, a jackdaw.
Two starlings sit on the top of a big horse-chestnut tree.
A black-headed gull flying.
On the Vecht river, a coot swims.
When, after going to Breukelen and going back, we are in Nieuwersluis again, a great crested grebe.
We come back at the lock. Meanwhile, four starlings on the top of the horse-chestnut. They sing.
A ring-necked parakeet, flying and calling.
On the meadow along the Drecht, again grey lag geese. Now, a great egret as well.
On top of a World War II bunker in a meadow sits a kestrel.
A great cormorant flies over the Loosdrechtse plassen lakes.
Not long before we arrive back in the harbour, a grey heron on the bank. One adult and one juvenile great crested grebe swimming.
- Goosanders, mandarin duck and robin (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Muscovy ducks and hares (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Botanical garden ducks and blackbird (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- American Kestrel- Female (circadianreflections.wordpress.com)
- Birding Eldorado Water Ponds (bobzeller.wordpress.com)
- Wildlife paradise in an industrial landscape (tammytourguide.wordpress.com)