The leader of Portugal‘s CGTP union confederation has called a protest for the coming weekend after a disappointing meeting with coalition Prime Minister Pedro Passos Coelho on Monday: here. See also here.
This video from 2011 is called Greek general strike to be extended, as pressure mounts over debt crisis.
Greek workers will unleash a nationwide general strike tomorrow, which is set to bring large parts of the country to a halt: here. See also here. And here.
Noisy groups of angry Spaniards gathered in Madrid today ahead of a demonstration outside parliament against the government’s austerity measures: here.
Thousands of people surrounded the Spanish Parliament in Madrid on Tuesday to protest austerity measures and the loss of public confidence in elected leaders: here.
Prostitution Classes Advertise Solution To Unemployment In Spain: here.
Tens of thousands protest austerity policies in Portugal, Spain: here.
September 2013: Portuguese voters gave the conservative Social Democrat Party a spanking in local elections on Sunday over its draconian cuts programme: here.
- Portugal Gov’t Punished for Austerity Measures – ABC News (abcnews.go.com)
- Portugal’s Coelho admits polls defeat (rinf.com)
- Voters reject Portugal government’s austerity policies in local elections (telegraph.co.uk)
- Greek workers’ general strike (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Austerity move proves costly for Portugal ruling party (thehindu.com)
Reblogged this on NonviolentConflict.
Pingback: Spanish anti-austerity fight continues | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Ruining Dutch economy to ruin Greek economy, Blairite confesses | Dear Kitty. Some blog